Monday, July 23, 2007

Get to Know Members of OWC Committee

Suzanne Townsend: This is our second posting in India- we loved it so much we came back for more! It is true. The place grows on you and gets under your skin and when you return home you miss the place terribly. When we were offered the chance to come back we jumped at it.
My love of traveling started when I was in college and every summer I went to the US working and traveling. After college it was off to Australia for a year for more work and travel with my friends. Worked in Ireland training as an accountant for 3 ½ years and then spent a year traveling all over the world.
My husband is working in an IT company over here. Our first posting was in 2001-2003. The first time I worked here full time. Then we went back home to Ireland for 3 years where I worked away until we came back to India in June last year. This time my job is officially to "mind my husband" and to take some time off. I am loving it. There is so much to do here, so many classes to take (golf, bridge, Spanish, French, yoga, gym, bollywood dancing ) and participate in, lovely people to meet and of course so many places to visit and travel around. Last month I was up in Orissa visiting the tribal villages- amazing.
I have recently become more involved in the charity side of OWC which is keeping me busy at the moment and I am also squeezing in a bit of study for more accounting exams at home in Ireland which I am taking every year.

No comments: