Thursday, September 27, 2007

Staff

Hello all, I think this time our move to KL is really going to happen, and we will be leaving Chennai mid-November. While I'm not sure I will miss Chennai, I will certainly miss the friends I have met here and I can only hope KL has such a friendly, welcoming expat community. Enough of the warm fuzzies, my real reason for emailing is to try to find work for my staff! I have 2 ladies who help me in the house, one who does cleaning and some babysitting and the other who does my shopping, cooking and also babysitting (that's right, I do nothing). My cook travels from Saidapet every day and is willing to keep travelling. She is an excellent cook (Italian is a speciality), with very good english and has worked for expat families for many many years. My cleaning lady lives at Akkarai (ECR) and would prefer to work locally but is also willing to travel. Her english is Ok (it has improved a lot since she started working for me 18 months ago) and she is very reliable and a hard worker. She has been great with my son during our time here and I have often left him with her. My driver also lives locally, has good english and is very reliable. We are currently leasing a toyota corolla for 40,000 rupees per month which includes all costs (petrol, maintenance and driver) and we need to pass this car on. Please let me know as soon as possible if you need any of these staff (and/or the car) as they are understandably a bit worried and I would like to see them re-employed. kind regards, Lisa Phone: 99944 56372

No comments: