Tuesday, May 01, 2007

New President's Message

Hello Everyone!

First off let me thank you for the chance to serve as your new President for the coming year. I consider this a wonderful chance to learn more about Chennai and meet many new people.

Please allow me to let you know who I am and how we got to India. I was born and raised in a small town in South Dakota and by small I mean 100 people total! I attended South Dakota State University and later Roosevelt University in Chicago, IL for my graduate studies. I later moved to Decatur, IL where my husband worked for Caterpillar. A little over a year ago we were told there was an opportunity for him to live and work in India. Being adventurous people, we thought it over for about a day and decided this was the right time in our lives to make this move.

Once here, I found myself wondering what to do to help fill my days, as if a 2 year old wasn’t enough entertainment. A friend said they needed help decorating for the Annual Ball and just months later, find myself as your new President.

I’m looking forward to a wonderful and exciting year with all of our upcoming events and ask for your continued support as we forge ahead. Remember, this group is one for all of us and it will only be as strong and helpful as our members. I encourage each and every one of you to get involved in some way with our groups and committees. Every little bit helps! You will definitely feel the benefits of it and meet some wonderful people along the way.

President
Stephanie Thompson

No comments: