Friday, March 30, 2007

President's Message April 2007

It is a truism that as you get older time marches past even faster, and that has certainly been the case with
regards to my year as President. Mind you, when it comes to age, I’m only admitting to being 35 plus tax!

If I set out with any aim in mind a year ago, it was simply to make the OWC fun for all, try and improve on last
years fundraising and to emerge with everyone on the Committee still talking to me! I’d like to think I have managed
on all three counts.

On the fun side, we have seen the introduction of the popular Tiffin Club as well as the new Craft Group, whilst
continuing with our Book Club, Ladies Who Lunch and the Children’s Playgroup.

For me personally the hi-lights have been the sell-out Welcome Back Lunch with our International theme at the
Courtyard Marriott in August, the ever popular Santa’s Brunch, where even I got to sit on Santa’s knee (!) and
our Mardi Gras Ball in October where we improved on last years fundraising total.

As they say in all the best speeches, none of this would have been possible without the hard work and dedication
of the team behind me, in this case the Executive Committee. A big thank you to each and every one of you
(and anyone else I managed to rope in along the way).

When I hand over at the AGM on the 25th April, I will be proud to say that I have been President of the OWC.
It is a great club, with over a 30 year history of providing support to us expat ladies whilst at the same time
putting something back into the community we live in. Something truly to be proud of.

Thank you,
Jo Frogbrook

No comments: